Sodium Fluoride is a type of inorganic chemical compound denoted with the chemical formula NaF. The compound is available as a colourless solid, which due to the presence of the fluoride ion is used in diverse applications. It has significant use in preventing dental caries for which it is used topically and it is also employed in municipal water fluoridation systems. Fluoride easily binds to the calcium ions present in the surface tooth enamel that helps in safeguarding the enamel from being corroded by acids. We provide Sodium Fluoride in diverse forms for use in pharma and allied sectors.
- Fluoride salts are used to enhance the strength of teeth by the formation of fluorapatite, a naturally occurring component of tooth enamel.
- It is used to fluoridate water.
- Used in toothpaste to prevent cavities.
- Used as a cleaning agent in laundry.
- Finds use in desilylation in organic synthesis.